MainStreet Family Care is offering the COVID-19 antibody blood test at all clinics in Alabama and Georgia in partnership with LabCorp. These antibody tests will tell you if you had Coronavirus in the past. This is different from the COVID-19 viral and rapid antigen tests which indicate a current infection. This page is about antibody testing and how it works. You can find more information on the COVID-19 viral testing and rapid antigen testing on our blog.
Here’s How COVID-19 Antibody Testing Works
Once you’re infected with the COVID-19 virus, your body will start to make antibodies to fight the infection. Your body will continue to make these antibodies after you are free of the infection in hopes of preventing you from getting it again. Review our Q&A page for some frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 antibody blood test.
If you test positive for the antibodies, that does not mean you are over the viral infection. You could still be actively infected with COVID-19 and your body has just started to produce the antibodies that will eventually beat the infection. To determine whether or not you have an active COVID-19 viral infection, we’ll administer the viral infection test or a rapid antigen test. Below are the steps you can take if you would like to receive this the COVID-19 antibody blood test.
How to Find Out If You’ve Had COVID-19
- When you arrive at the clinic, please expect a significant wait time. Click here to learn more about our COVID-19 patient intake process.
- This is a simple blood test like any you may have had before for traditional bloodwork.
- When you come into the clinic for your COVID-19 viral test, rapid antigen test, or antibody test, there will be no copay for your visit. If you have further questions about costs or insurance coverage click here.
- Review our Q&A page if you have any further questions about insurance coverage and other COVID-19 testing offered by MainStreet Family Care.
- The antibody test is not the same as the COVID-19 viral infection test or rapid antigen test, which tell you if you are currently infected with the virus. Click here to learn more about the test to see if you are currently infected. COVID-19 viral testing is sent to our partners at LabCorp to be processed. Rapid antigen COVID-19 test results are available at the clinic in less than 20 minutes.